To preserve the first vegetables from your garden, we bring you our recipes of gourmet spring pickles.
Quick and easy, these recipes can be made with the whole family and will delight young and old alike.
For approximately 4 jars, you will need:
– 7 dl water
– 4 dl apple cider vinegar
– 60 g organic cane sugar
– 20 g salt
Boil these ingredients together in a saucepan, add the herbs at the end, before pouring the mixture over the raw vegetables in the jars.
OUR VEGETABLE COMBINATIONS
For spring vegetable combinations and seasoning, we recommend the following:
– Carrot, cauliflower, radish and broccoli, bay leaf, pepper, coriander, garlic and onion
– Romanesco, yellow carrot and radish with garlic, Herbes de Provence and sesame seeds
– Beetroot, green asparagus and chives
– Cucumber, fennel, dill and mustard seeds
– Red cabbage, green beans, thyme and garlic
Vegetables preserved this way retain all their nutrients and vitamins. They are crunchy and tasty superfoods that can be used in salads, on toast or as a snack.
You can prepare your own combinations and seasonings and set aside a small stock of healthy vegetables.
Store your jars at room temperature for five days. Then place them in the fridge. They will brighten up any party with their colours and delight your guests.
What is your favourite pickle recipe?
*P.S.: The preservation of food in vinegar dates back to ancient times. Food in earthen jars could then travel long distances without spoiling